1 out of 4 adults suffers from Hypertension, are you among them?
May 17, 2023 is the 19th “World Hypertension Day”. The latest survey data shows that the prevalence of hypertension in Chinese adults is 27.5%. The awareness rate is 51.6%. That is to say, on average, one out of every four adults has high blood pressure. The key is that half of them don’t know about it.
What happens if you have high blood pressure?
Hypertension is a chronic disease. The slow rise of blood pressure allows the body to gradually adapt to the changes in blood pressure. Therefore, the symptoms are mild and many people do not even notice them. But asymptomatic does not mean that there is no harm.
High blood pressure will slowly destroy the patient’s heart, brain and kidney organs. It will be too late when there are obvious symptoms of high blood pressure. For example, when a hypertensive patient has chest tightness and chest pain, beware of angina pectoris. When hypertensive patients have crooked mouth corners, limb weakness, and slurred speech, beware of a stroke. The final outcome is cerebral hemorrhage, heart failure, renal failure, etc., which are all serious diseases that can lead to death. Therefore, high blood pressure is also known as the “silent killer”, it is best not to let him stare at you.
So, how to prevent and treat high blood pressure?
1. Hypertension may occur at any age. It is recommended to prepare a blood pressure monitor at home to monitor your blood pressure at any time if conditions permit.
2. Adhering to a healthy lifestyle every day can delay or even prevent high blood pressure,
3 Untreated high blood pressure is more dangerous than the side effects of drugs,
4 Do not stop taking the medicine by yourself,
5. So far, no specific food has the pharmacological effect of lowering blood pressure.
Five ways to lower your blood pressure:
1. Quit smoking and drinking
2. Lose weight, obese people need to lose weight;
3. Moderate exercise, at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week is recommended.
4. Eat a healthy diet, eat more whole grains, fruits and vegetables and low-fat dairy products, and eat less foods rich in saturated fat and cholesterol.
5. Eat less salty salt, it is recommended to insist on a daily salt intake of less than 6 grams.
Post time: May-17-2023